1. What are my payment options?
N2S Stock Exchange supports transactions through direct bank transfer or credit and
debit cards directly via the site.
2. How do I improve my seller
done exclusively from the feedback you receive from your buyers.
3. What happens if my purchase arrives
N2S has a
dispute process which you must initiate from your buyer dashboard within 1
working day of receipt for damaged equipment and 5 working days for faulty
equipment. If there is an issue with your order, please contact us on 01284
761111 (Monday – Friday 08.30 – 16.30) or by email to email@example.com.
4. Where is payment held?
payment is held in an account managed by N2S.
5. Who arranges shipment of my
The seller chooses which options are supported when an advert is placed. Collection only means the buyer must arrange collection
All other formats are the responsibility of the seller to arrange and notify shipping numbers via the dashboard on stockex.n2s.co.uk
If you are including shipping you must include UK shipping costs in the offer you accept. If you want help arranging logistics please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Top tips for selling
We find 5 things really increase your chances of success:
1. Make the minimum order quantity (MOQ) as small as possible and
be clear what the buyer is getting for their money.
2. Have a realistic guide price - most buyers won’t bid if the
gap between what you ask for and their view on its value is any more
than 100%. If you want £100 for an item then a guide price of over £200
may put many buyers off.
3. Use a good realistic photograph and more than 1 if you can. Please ensure
that this is a photo you own and not one that you have taken from another
4. Avoid collection only if you can and assist with
shipping where possible.
5. Respond quickly to offers. Buyers are often looking at
multiple sources of supply and speed is essential to close deals.
7. Can I sell anything
on Stock Exchange?
Unfortunately not, only telecoms
and technology equipment can be sold on N2S Stock Exchange.
If you are not sure please contact us directly on email@example.com